How to run a native command ?
- Create a new entity
- Select Process for the Type field
- Enter the (full) path in the Exec field
- Optionaly, fill the Arguments field
For example, to run xeyes, you should type:
Comments: Brings fun to your desktop!
How can I run apps in their own window (Wharf-only mode) ?
By default, applications runs inside the desktop frame.
But you can configure it so that each application will have
it's own window.
They are still run under the same JVM.
How to run JDistro in this mode ?
- Applications are a little bit faster
- This mode does less transformations to the application code,
so it's more compatible.
- You see each application individually in your native Desktop
Do one of the following:
- You can set the mode in the preferences
- If you installed JDistro using the installer, you can select the
Wharf icon instead of the JDistro one or you can run wharf.sh instead
- If you run JDistro from CVS, pass it as an option on the command line:
How to set the Wharf-only mode ?
If you want to always use this mode, just set it in the
preferences. If you want to use it only once, you can pass it as an
Some standard tools may be used when available. This is particulary
true on Linux/Unix. These tools are used when
there is no java equivalent: